Photo kindly captured by Adel
I’m Omer Dawelbeit. My passion for computers and programming started as a hobby back in the day and evolved over the years to cover stuff such as Web technologies, cloud computing, Big Data and IoT. I’ve a PhD in Computer Science,15 years of technical leadership, consultancy experience and hands-on software development. I’ve designed and implemented both large and small applications for businesses ranging from Startups to Blue-Chip. I’m also a regular contributor to Open Source through my GitHub repos. I like technical challenges and pushing the limit of what’s possible, I like to motivate and I’m always positive .
I’m a Google Developer Expert for Cloud and currently work as a consultant architecting and developing software applications @ iNetria. I’m the founder of OfficeMA Timesheet. I’m also the organiser for the Reading and Thames Valley Google Developers Group. I enjoy mentoring & inspiring other developers, sharing knowledge through open source code samples, presentations and blog posts. Below is a brief summary of my community engagements.
If you want me to help with your business or speak at your conference or event please email me on omer (dot) dawelbeit (at) gmail.com or tweet me.
- 29th July 2016 – Talk – Introduction to Google App Engine – GDG North East (Newcastle).
- 7th Sep 2016 – Talk – Processing Big Data on the Google Cloud Platform – GDG Reading & Thames Valley.
- 8th Dec 2016 – Conference – Presenting a paper at the IEEE Globecom 2016 conference in Washington DC.
- 23/24 March 2016 – Live correspondence from Google Cloud Platform Next 2016 in San Francisco with both GDG Reading & Thames Valley & GDG North East
- 16th Mar 2016 – Blog – My blog post Saving hundreds of hours with Google Compute Engine Per-Minute Billing was on the first page of Hacker News.
- 4th Feb 2016 – Talk – Google Container Engine and Kubernetes – Oxford GDG Meetup
- 3rd Mar 2016 – Talk – Introduction to Google App Engine – Oxford GDG Meetup
- 30th Jan 2016 – Mentor – Mentoring participants @ Hack Cambridge hackathon as part of the Google team
- 27th Jan 2016 – Talk – Cloud And Social Are All You Need To Go Big – Digital Henley Meetup
- 13th Jan 2016 – Talk – Introduction to Google App Engine – Reading & Thames Valley GDG Meetup
- Dec / Jan 2016 – My blog posts on Kubernetes, Cloud Shell, Pi Zero with App Engine and Google Container Engine were featured in many newsletters, here are a few:
- Pi Zero post Featured on Adafruit blog and on the Google Cloud Platform Flipboard
- piweekly newsletter issue 137
- Google Cloud Platform News Roundup for December 2015
- LinuxBSDos.com – A 10 minutes guide to Kubernetes
- Cloud Development Weekly issue 34
- Web Operations Weekly issue 47
- DevOps Newsletter issue 253
- Devops Weekly #260
- Dockone.io translated to Chinese
- Kubernetes Daily
- 5th Aug 2015 – Talk – Google Bigquery, processing big data without the infrastructure – Reading & Thames Valley GDG developer gathering.
- 21st Oct 2015 – Conference presentation – A Novel Cloud Based Elastic Framework for Big Data Preprocessing – 7th Computer Science & Electronic Engineering Conference
- A Novel Cloud Based Elastic Framework for Big Data Preprocessing (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?reload=true&arnumber=6958549) Proceeding of the Sixth Computer Science and Electronic Engineering Conference 2014 (CEEC’14), IEEE
Open source projects:
I’m currently the contributor and maintainer of the following open source projects:
- ECARF, Elastic cloud based reasoning framework for the Semantic Web, http://ecarf.io
- CloudEx, A generic elastic cloud based framework for the execution of embarrassingly parallel tasks. http://cloudex.io.
- Appstart, Graphviz-Server, etc… more projects on GitHub
I’m currently one of the organiser of the Reading & Thames Valley Google Developer Group